Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Infusions

This post is brought to you by the incomparable Coldplay. Have a listen.


We are snowed in, classes have been cancelled and I already have cabin fever.
The house is clean, laundry is done, I'm not in the knitting mood, whatamIgoingtodowithmyself. Mr. B braved the elements and was able to get to his office. He texted me when he arrived safely this morning and told me to have my boots ready when he gets home because he's going get me out of the house and to take me to dinner tonight. Bless him.

So I did a really slow yoga session and then settled into doing two things that I have been procrastinating FOREVER on: listing our old phones on eBay and making Sage Infused Vinegar. I don't know why I've put off making this vinegar for so long, because it was EASY and FAST!

Cleaning with vinegar is safe and all natural and when the power of herbs are added, you have yourself an effective and clean smelling all purpose cleaner! This concoction needs to infused for a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably 4 weeks.

Here's what you need:

//fresh sage
//distilled white vinegar
//glass spray bottle








































Break off the biggest velvety soft leaves and separate. (Use the smaller leftover leaves for cooking and then throw the stems in your garbage disposal to clean and refresh!)







































Start to wring the leaves gently (like wringing a wet towel). Squeeze, press and bruise the leaves until aromatic.

Poke the sage leaves into the glass bottle.







































Pour the vinegar into the bottle until 3/4 of the way full. Twist on the lid and give a gentle shake to submerge the sage leaves.

Place in a cool, dark place for 2-4 weeks.

To use, simply spray and wipe as you would any cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment